Lab 3.2 - Manage Roles
1. Go to Jenkins Dashboard, click Manage Jenkins
2. Navigate to Manage Plugins
In the available tab Search for
3. Select Role-based Authorization Strategy plugins, and click on Install without restart
When all components show Success, you are done.
4. Back to Manage Jenkins, in the Security section click on Configure Global Security
Authorization Select Role-Based Strategy and click Save
6. Back to Manage Jenkins, click Manage and Assign Role
Click on Manage Roles
developer under Role to add. Click Add.
8. Select developer permission to :
- Overall: Read
- Credentials: Create, Delete, Update, View
- Job: Build, Cancel, Read
- SCM: Tag
9. Back to Manage and Assign Role, click on Assign Roles
student under User/Group to add, and then Add.
11. In Global roles click on